Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles
- Size: Nanoscale
- Zinc: 80.34
- Oxygen: 19.6
- Melting point: 1975 °C or 3587 °F
- Boiling point: 2360 °C or 4280 °F
- Density: 5600 kg/m3 or 0.202 lb./in3
- Molar Mass: 81.40 g/mol
- Form: Powder
- Colour: White
- pH value: 8.9
- Surface treating compound: Amphoteric Surfactant Structure: Wurtzite
- Band Gap: 3.37 eV
- Conductivity: Enhanced
- Catalysis: Active Toxicity: Varied
Description and Specifications of Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles
Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles is also known as ZnO nanoparticles or Zinc Oxide Nanopowder. It is tiny particles of Zinc Oxide with diameters below 100 nm. These nanoparticles have a large surface area. Zinc is an essential element in health, biology, and other industries. It is necessary for bone structure, dental health, enzymes, and protein function. Zinc is required for growth in humans, animals, plants, and microbes. ZnO works as a wide-band gap semiconductor with a gap of 3.37 eV at room temperature. The distinguishing features of Zinc Oxide Nanopowder is due to its production methods. It is widely used in sunscreens because it can effectively absorb UV light while remaining transparent to visible light. Researchers have found that it can battle harmful bacteria in packaging and UV-blocking textiles.
ZnO nanoparticles is utilized in nano-optical and nano-electrical devices in industries. It is also used as an antibacterial agent in food packaging and medicine. Its luminous efficiency and powerful exciton-binding energy help in various applications. Nanoparticles' small size enables them to travel in the body. Researchers are concerned about their potential risks. Methods like laser ablation and chemical deposition are used to create ZnO nanoparticles.
It shows a lower risk at changing concentrations. Its spectral analysis in solution reveals peaks between 370 and 385 nm. When exposed to moisture, it generates reactive oxygen species (ROS) that interact with bacterial components, ultimately causing bacterial cell death.
Nanoscale Size: It is extremely tiny particles with diameters smaller than 100 nm.
High Surface Area: Although small in size, it has a large surface area per its volume. This makes them more reactive.
UV Absorption: These nanoparticles can easily soak up and effectively scatter ultraviolet (UV) light.
Catalytic Activity: It's a very good catalyst, so it helps various chemical reactions to occur.
Antibacterial Properties: It can be toxic to specific bacteria, fungi, and viruses. Therefore, it is used in medicines as an effective antibacterial agent.
Electrical Conductivity: It is a great conductor of electricity due to its improved properties.
Applications of Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles
Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles find a wide range of applications due to its unique properties. One major application is in sunscreens. Its efficient UV absorption and scattering capabilities provide adequate protection against harmful ultraviolet radiation. Its improved electrical conductivity in electronics makes them valuable for transparent conductive coatings, sensors, and nanoelectronics devices. Zinc Oxide Nanopowder is also used in catalytic processes such as photocatalysis for environmental remediation. It is also helpful in antimicrobial coatings for surfaces, medical devices, and textiles. Its small size enables precise targeting at the cellular level. Research explores its use in imaging and cancer therapy. The versatile nature of the nanoparticles continues to drive innovation across industries.
How to use and disperse?
Zinc Oxide Nanopowder is tiny and active. Follow guidelines for amounts, especially in cosmetics.
- Mix well, apply evenly, and store in proper conditions.
- Label products and stay informed about safety.
- Seek expert advice if needed and dispose of responsibly.
Dispersing requires attention to detail. Follow these steps for proper dispersion:
- Select a solvent apt for the application, like water, ethanol, or other organic solvents.
- Clean and dry all equipment so it is free from contaminants that could affect dispersion.
- Measure the preferred amount of nanopowder according to the formulation.
- Add the nanoparticles slowly to the chosen solvent while stirring gently. This helps prevent clumping.
- Use mechanical agitation, such as magnetic stirring, ultrasonication, or a homogenizer, to break apart nanoparticle aggregates and promote even distribution. Adjust the stirring or ultrasonication intensity to prevent excessive heat buildup, which could impact dispersion.
- Allow sufficient time for the nanoparticles to disperse fully. This might range from minutes to hours, depending on factors like nanoparticle size and solvent.
- Observe the dispersion for any signs of aggregation. If needed, continue agitation until uniform dispersion is achieved.
- Perform characterization techniques like Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) or Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) to confirm nanoparticle dispersion quality.
- Over time, monitor the stability of the dispersion to ensure nanoparticles remain well distributed. Remember that proper dispersion is essential for achieving desired properties and performance.
- Wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE) like lab coats, gloves, and safety goggles.
- Disperse ZnO nanoparticles in a well-ventilated area to reduce inhalation risk.
- Minimize aerosol generation during the process; use masks or respirators.
- Follow safe handling practices, maintain hygiene, and be prepared for emergencies.
- Dispose of waste according to hazardous waste protocols.
- Educate and train personnel in nanoparticle handling.
Why Choose Us?
Shilpa Enterprises is a leading Indian manufacturer and supplier of advanced chemicals. We provide top-quality products at affordable prices. Specializing in TCOs, Nanotechnology, coatings, and more, our focus on quality aligns with environmental care. Our Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles is available in various types and sizes. We offer top-notch quality. Special prices and offers are available for bulk industry orders.
Our goal is to protect and preserve the environment by taking measures to decrease chemical pollution. Our products are top in quality and purity while providing high performance to all research applications. We customize the products as per client's requirements. The nanoparticles are available in two forms – dispersions and powders. The standard pack size is 100, 500, and 1 kg. We offer best price for bulk orders. We ship all across the globe. Place your orders today!
6 other products in the same category: