FTO Coated Glass
- Its highly conductive.
- Excellent optical transmittance.
- Made for many optoelectronic applications.
- Typically the transmittance at 550nm is more than 80%.
- Haze is around 9%.
- FTO coating's maximum operating temperature is 450 °C
- FTO7Y Resistivity - 7 ohms/sq. & Thickness - 2.2 mm.
- FTO15Y Resistivity - 15 ohms/sq. & Thickness - 2.2 mm.
- FTO10X Resistivity - 10 ohms/sq. & Thickness - 1.1 mm.
Details and Specifications of FTO Coated Glass Slides
FTO coated glass (fluorine-doped tin oxide coated glass) is a form of TCO (transparent conducting oxide) conductive material that provides less expensive conductive glass than ITO-coated glass. It is a functional conductive glass product covered with a transparent FTO conductive oxide layer via a physical or chemical bonding method. The FTO coated glass substrate is coated on one side and insulated on the other. This coating is resistant to higher temperatures. It is weather-resistant and thermally stable, resulting in low sheet resistance and high transmission ability.
The highest operational temperature is 450 degrees Celsius. The glass thicknesses employed for the FTO coating are 1.6mm, 2.2mm, and 3.2mm. It has surface resistances of less than 7 ohms, 10 ohms, and 15 ohms. It has been utilized for solar cell research and development, which is less expensive than ITO-coated glass. It is single-sided coated glass with a tetragonal structure and flawless symmetry.
Due to its superior high-temperature endurance, FTO conductive glass has recently emerged as the ideal transparent electrode material for perovskite solar cells. The product provides an environmentally friendly coating method that dramatically decreases material usage, leaves a finer and more uniform coating without leaking, and reduces maintenance significantly. It may give outstanding anti-reflection properties to glass when coated with a very thin, homogeneous, and durable layer while decreasing exhaust gas and energy consumption during the deposition, and the drying time is quick.
Properties of FTO Coated Glass
- It has minimal roughness.
- It's a Superior glass substrate.
- It's optically transparent and electrically conducting.
- It has High uniformity of sheet resistance and High transmission of VIS-NIR light.
- It's a homogeneous, uniform transmission.
- It reflects in the infrared spectrum.
- It provides a Barrier layer of SiO2.
- It's Polished on only one side.
- Resistivity values are 10ohms/square, 15ohms/square, and 20ohms/square.
- 1.1mm, 2.2mm, and 3.3mm in thickness.
- It has Transparent colour Soda Lime glass + FTO finishing.
- It has a Conductive coating on only one side.
Applications of FTO Coated Glass
FTO glass (Fluorine-doped Tin Oxide) is a translucent conductive metal oxide used to make transparent electrodes for thin film photovoltaics. It is also used in organic photovoltaics, silicon cells, cadmium telluride, decolorization solar cells, and hybrid perovskites. FTO glass has various qualities that make it excellent for manufacturing a wide range of optoelectronic devices, including low surface resistance, high optical transmission, scratch and abrasion resistance, thermal stability up to high temperatures, and chemical inertness. Other applications for FTO glass include:
- Electromagnetic interference/radio frequency interference shielding
- Touchscreen displays
- Heated glass
- Anti-static coatings
- Light-emitting diodes
How to Use FTO Coated Glass
The following items are required for etching.
FTO glass, etch-resistant tape, zinc powder, hydrochloric acid, cotton bud, and a multimeter. The procedure for etching FTO coatings is outlined below.
- Make a 2M HCl solution.
- On the substrate, apply an etch-resistant tape.
- Apply a layer of Zinc Powder to the substrate.
- Wait for the reaction to finish before covering the remaining Zinc Powder.
- Wipe away the etched region of the substrate with a cotton bud and rinse with DI water.
2. Cleaning process after etching
The following items are required for cleaning the FTO coated glass after etching: FTO slides, substrate rack, isopropyl alcohol, and UV Ozone Cleaner. A step-by-step approach to cleaning the conductive substrate is provided below.
- Sonicate, the etched FTO, slides for 5 minutes in hot (70°C) DI water with 1% Hellmanex.
- Rinse twice with boiling DI water.
- Sonicate the etched FTO Glass in Isopropyl alcohol for 5 minutes.
- Rinse twice with boiling DI water.
- Using filtered compressed gas, dry the etched FTO Glass.
- Put the engraved substrate in the UV Ozone cleaner for 10 minutes.
- Do not expose the product to chemicals that can harm it.
- Researchers must use safety gear to protect themselves while handling the product.
Why Choose Us
Shilpa Enterprises is renowned for providing high-quality service at reasonable prices. Our workforce is among the best on the market, with over 10 years of experience in the chemical business. Our FTO coated glass slide has excellent temperature resistance, and we can tailor the size and etching pattern to your specifications. We offer product modification on demand to satisfy the needs of our customers. We are adept at fulfilling worldwide quality standards because we have a dedicated QA team. We accept both bulk and individual orders. Clients can get product advice and support from our professionals 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Working with us ensures your complete happiness. Our products are packed with shockproof packaging of type 4 layers and can be shipped to any area worldwide. Contact us via our contact page to place orders or learn more about our products.
7 other products in the same category: